It’s time for the feminine to be celebrated, and for what women bring to the world to be recognized and valued. We need a game change fast and it’s not going to happen through bigger helpings of more of the same. Our current mind-based culture is unlikely to ‘feel’ its way to a solution that serves everyone. The heart is needed to balance the mind and women tend to lead more instinctively from their hearts.
We need more feminine leadership in this world. Feminine tendencies are an antidote to so many of the problems facing us which is why women are coming together in groups all around the world to explore how we can help. What we bring and who we are is needed now more than ever. We are not rejecting or excluding men, we are reaching out to and encouraging women to step forward together, now. Read more.
Women are amazing
On our own we are a force of nature
Get us together with our friends and suddenly anything is possible
- We are natural networkers, communicators and sharers
- If something matters, we will spread the word to everyone we know
- Reaching women may well be the fastest way to reach everyone
- We’re practical, flexible, multi tasking doers
- We produce 80% of the worlds food
- We make up to 90% of the consumer choices in the home
- It’s increasingly acknowledged around the world, that if you want change to happen, then you educate the women
- If together we made different choices, we could have huge social and environmental impact in the world
- Together, we could literally shift the markets
- Women are wired to love, care for and protect others
- We are instinctively cooperative, collaborative and creative
- Our innate sense of responsibility will ensure that we will do what needs to be done
- If something makes sense to us we will respond, and then encourage others to follow suit
- If we chose to, we could build a vast network over night
- If we chose to, we could help this world choose a different path
The point is this: women have SO much to offer the world that could add value now, but after centuries of negation many of us lack self belief and our gifts go wasted. This is ‘why women’ and why we want to build a sisterhood, so that women can encourage other women to step up and step out while we figure out how to make a meaningful difference together.
What better way to hatch a plan than in the company of friends? Everything feels more doable when we stand with others, and who better to help you step up and ACT than those who see you for who you really are? We’ve all got so much to give, and TreeSisters is about encouraging us to give it….all those great ideas that lit you up like a fire work before self doubt snuffed them out…it’s time for them now. It’s going to take all of us making a difference to turn this world around.
‘Neuroscience has shown that women respond to stress differently than men. Women reduce stress by sharing perceptions, feelings and strategies which is called the ‘tend and befriend” oxytocin response which is enhanced by oestrogen*. This hormonal response supports dialogue, collaboration and peaceful resolution of conflicts and supports the designation of women as the “empathic gender²” in contrast to men’s “fight or flight” physiological adrenaline and testosterone response to stress, which increases aggression and competitiveness. For peace and sustainability, political decisions and budgets need to be more oxytocin-influenced and less testosterone-driven; for Security Council resolution 1325 (2000) to be effective, gender equality and women’s empowerment are requirements.’
*UCLA research, S.E. Taylor et al., 1990
²Simon Baron-Cohen research summation, 2003 Excerpt from The UN Economic and Social council’s Commission on the Status of Women, after the Fourth World conference on Women 2011