We exist to reinstate the Feminine Principle into our global ecology and support humanity's shift towards becoming a restorer species.
We channel 80% of those funds to exemplary existing reforestation organisations in the tropics with whom we partner to restore ecosystems. The remaining 20% funds our culture and consciousness shift work with women to catalyze increased feminine leadership, collective ownership of our mission and the organisation itself.
Our goal is to plant 1Million trees per month by the end of 2017, and 1Billion trees per year by the end of 2020.
We envision a world in which it is normal for everyone to protect and restore our planet.
To rapidly accelerate tropical reforestation by inspiring and channeling women's nature-based feminine leadership into local and global action.
The creation of resources that empower women to step into their nature based feminine leadership, in support of humanity's identity shift from a consumer species to a restorer species.
A balance of inner and outer, spiritual and practical, behavioural and ecological pathways towards that shift.
Our Work is the process of discovering how to engage, nourish, inspire and activate women into their unique gifts and generosity on behalf of themselves, each other and the forests that we love and need.
1. We call to women through the gateway of their femininity and their desire to restore nature.
2. We offer them educational tools, resources, courses and community, to build the strength and resilience born of togetherness and reverence born of reconnection to nature.
3. We seek to normalize a state of nature connectedness out of which new solutions and actions arise: we call this Feminine Nature Based Leadership.
1. We grow, diversify, support and inspire the global sisterhood to take ownership of our shared mission, co-creating solutions locally and globally, with a focus on funding tropical reforestation as our fastest path to climate repair.
2. We create culture shift campaigns, messaging and events to support the normalisation of everyone giving funds for trees every month.
3. We partner with exemplary, existing tropical reforestation organisations and we channel the funds we raise to them, specifically for tree planting aligned with our reforestation strategy.
4. When we have hit 1 million trees per month (intended end of 2017) we will begin Phase 2 of our reforestation strategy, which includes the unification of the reforestation sector and co-creation of the 'meta-map' - a quantifiable pathway to tropical reforestation through whole planet collective responsibility.
In 2016 we successfully campaigned to achieve 2300 women giving monthly, at the grassroots level, funding 1 Million Trees annually planted in the tropics through our reforestation partners.
385,966 trees have now been funded across Southern India, Madagascar, Kenya and Brazil with 92,963 more being planted every month.
In 2017 we are 12x-ing that goal, to achieve 1 Million Trees planted monthly via 26,000 grassroots members contributing an average of £10 per month.
We are committed to holding ourselves firmly within a shared set of values and intentions that embody our vision and mission while also honouring the life force, gifts, and instincts of our entire team.
We want to 'be the invitation' we are sending out, which means embodying our vision and mission in very practical ways as individual team members and as an organization. Our values literally underpin the Map of 5 Choices.
Humility (Consideration) ~ We choose to wake up and get real about how things really are, both in our own lives and in the greater world. Facing the truth, dealing with what is, and no longer looking away.
Humility is the strength of the servant leader who listens deeply to how things are in the system (the feminine principle) in order to make choices and take actions that respect, respond to and protect life appropriately (the masculine principle). We seek to embody a balance of both principles in how we operate.
Unity (Encouragement) ~ We choose co-creation over solo experience and sisterhood (the shared field of transparency and trust) as the ground from which we grow the organization and call each other into our most authentic selves on behalf of Earth. We seek to discover how unity opens greater dimensions of wisdom, intelligence, creativity and self discovery.
Connection (Intimacy) ~ We choose to really feel how things are – to experience our bodies as part of nature as we learn how to listen to and embody our wholeness, wildness and natural flow.
Right Action (Responsibility) ~ We choose to take action from a place of deep listening through heart and body, so that our actions serve connection and we operate in ways that bring heart, mind, body and world into balance and well-being.
Service (Courage) ~ We choose to give of our hearts, passions, creativity and gifts in ways that grow ourselves and each other in our collective awakening and service on behalf of life and the natural world.EXPERIENCE THE MAP OF 5 CHOICES
TreeSisters is a paradigm shifting, highly experimental, social and behaviour change initiative that seeks to model change from the inside out. Each day – no matter how imperfectly – we seek to create an organizational culture in which we listen to life, cooperate with emergence, step out of the paradigm of pushing and force, and follow the wisdom of Nature's cyclical rhythms.
With the TreeSisters' Map of 5 Choices as our guide, we place the restoration of life and our capacity to learn - through and from inner and outer nature - right at the centre of everything we do.
This is why we have created an organisational flow of activities that runs with the solar cycle; so that our work directly relates to the seasonal flow and its inherent support for specific activities. We also craft our weekly team planning around the lunar cycle, so that our way of working deepens connection to our cyclical nature instead of severing it.
Our change tool puts life at the center of the Map.
This indicates the choice to work 'with' Life's energies, rather than over-ride or dominate.
To do this we are bringing operations into the flow of the seasons so that our outer activities folow the life cycle, and strengthen our connection to Nature.
As a UK Charity, we have developed five strategic objectives to guide us in fulfilling our Charitable Objects:
1. Build a global network of treesisters
2. Inspire and support feminine leadership through shifting consciousness
3. Raise and channel funding into tropical reforestation and protection
4. Develop partnerships to accelerate reforestation
5. Become sector leaders in global reforestation and feminine leadership
1. Increasing Green Cover: To promote for the benefit of the public the conservation protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment by promoting biological diversity through increased green cover
2. Education and Women's Leadership: To advance the education of the public in the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment, in particular but not exclusively by the provision of training and support to encourage leadership and participation in the work of the charity and environmental protection in general, with a particular focus on women